At least according to Yankee Texan Mom, who bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger Award today. (Go check out her blog! It’s awesome and her little girl is adorbs.)
So, down to business: This award is to recognize and appreciate fellow bloggers and let your readers know about some new blogs they might not have visited before. Here are the rules:
*Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us seven things about yourself.
*Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received their award.
So, here are 7 things about me you might not know:
1. I hate peanuts and peanut butter. Every year when I was a kid, my mom would make me try a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, thinking that maybe my tastes had “changed.” They never did, and just the thought of eating that sandwich can make me gag to this day.
2. I listen to Howard Stern every morning. I don’t find him offensive. I find him funny.
3. I’ve never traveled overseas, and this bothers me.
4. My only two criteria for a house – when we finally buy one – is that it is brick and has a big front porch. Absolutely no stucco. I may have chosen to live in the Southwest, but there’s still a whole lot of Midwest stuck in me.
5. I cannot stand clutter. Clutter makes me crazy.
6. I have very fair skin and burn very easily and therefore am freaked out about the potential for skin cancer, living in the desert and all, and therefore wear tons of sunblock every day. Even if it’s cloudy.
7. I want to have a big family, but I don’t want to raise a ton of kids. I want to actually birth and raise two kids, but I want to eventually have four adult children. I haven’t quite figured out how to reconcile this.
Here are my new fav blogs. They might not be “new” bloggers, per se, but they’re fairly new to me. You should check them out. I have good taste:
And finally, a pic of my kid eating my leg. I don’t know, just cuz: