Yesterday, we went here:
As with everything in life, Ryan was a bit skeptical.

But he soon relaxed and vowed to take things in stride.

He needed a haircut. You may not think he did. But he did.

His hair isn’t thick, it’s true. He inherited his mom’s fine, thin hair (as well as his mom’s pasty-white skin… Sorry, kid). But while thin and fine, the hair was also unruly. And fluffy. Always fluffy. And looooong in all the wrong places.

Stop! No pictures, please. I’m not camera ready.

He’s got an important trip and wedding coming up. (“Uncle” Patrick will finally officially be Uncle Patrick!) So into the little race car he went, where he innately knew to grab the wheel and start steering.

He only tried to lick the wheel twice, which we consider a victory.

He was doing so well that we decided to try the noisy clippers around his ears. That didn’t go so well.

But I think we can all agree that the end result was worth a moment of discomfort. Beauty is pain, after all.

By the by, do you remember when we were kids? And they didn’t have race car seats, cartoons and video games to distract us for the 8 minutes it takes to trim a few hairs? Whatever did our parents do?!

Oh, that’s right: They taught us to behave and sit still for a minute. Suckers.

15 Responses to A little trim goes a long way.

1. Tenacious V says:

So handsome! Glad he was (mostly) OK with getting his hair cut. :-)

2. Anonymous says:

PhaseThreeOfLife: I can't stop gushing at him about how handsome he looks! His first words might be “Ok Mom, I get it, I'm handsome.”

3. Tayshelton says:

So many cute pics! Can't wait to squeeze him this weekend!!! :)

4. Jamie says:

Hey hey! I'm your newest follower over here from the blog toggle! Your little boy is adorable and your blog is cracking me up! LOL @ only twice licking victory and “taught us to behave and sit still for a minute. Suckers.”

5. mestills says:

Following you from Toddle Tuesday! What a cutie!

6. Kim says:

Following from Toddle Tuesday. I have never seen a baby hair cut shop. My kid has barely any hair so I guess I won't need it for a while. :-) Cute kid and I like your sense of humor.

7. About Mrs. G says:

thanks for stopping by Growing Up Gardner! What a cute boy. I don't think my daughter would sit to get her hair cut – one day I'll have to find out.

8. What a cute haircut! Awww, I can't get over the look on his face when the noise clippers came out. So cute!

Btw, I'm a new follower from the Toddle Along Tuesday. http://withlovechrancy.blogspot.com

9. Mama G says:

Awww he is just too cute. I'm sorry the clippers around his ears scared him!

Thanks for linking up to Toddle Along Tuesday at Growing Up Geeky!
    I'm your newest follower via GFC. I could have sworn I was already a follower, but I guess not. Bad me! :)

10. I'm your newest follower from toddle along tuesday!

11. OMG, his first haircut!!! *tears* He looks so adorable and I love all of the pics!

12. Welcome to all the new followers! Blog hoppin' is fun.

13. Mel says:

Hello! Following from toddle along tuesday :) This post is so adorable! haha my baby isnt even out of the womb yet and I cant wait to take her for a haircut!!!

14. Likethewrap says:

OMG – that is the same Cool Cuts we go to! Levi was just as skeptical of the entire experience in the beginning but now its “my hair!”