It’s been quite a week. Ryan kicked it off on Sunday by getting sick. Mostly a fever and not much else, which is always fun cuz it could mean any of the following things: he’s got a cold, he’s got the flu, he’s got some other illness, he’s teething, or he’s dying. Luckily, I’m not the dramatic type, so I guessed it was a cold.
I was right! As is evidenced by the cold I now have. Because I am destined to get absolutely every germ that crosses my path this year. (I have had FOUR colds so far in 2013 … and 2013 ain’t that old yet, you know?)
Anyway, the cold plus the moving bullshit plus whateverwhatever means that I cannot form my thoughts into a rightful post. So I will leave you with a list of The Top Five Most Random Things I Learned This Week:
- It is psychologically impossible for me to pack a box of stuff without an open beer* nearby. Even when I’m sick.
- When Mike reads “Green Eggs and Ham” to Ryan, he gives Sam a strangely high, squeaky voice. I give him a more normal, if not slightly incredulous, voice. But the other guy? The guy who doesn’t want to eat the eggs?** I give him a very annoyed and tiny bit angry voice. Mike gives him a patient, measured voice. I don’t know what any of that means, but it’s hilarious to me to hear him read the book in what is clearly not the right voices.
- Whenever I tell Mike I’m “blogging,” he responds with, “Oh, you’re blarging?” (He just reminded me of that one. I don’t know why he says that.)
- If you are a spider and you dare to enter my car, I WILL KILL YOU. Yes, I will scream a girly scream into my cell phone as my poor mother listens, but I will still get you. And then yes, I will think all day about whether or not you have friends waiting for me in the car ready to attack when I leave work, and I will text my mom for reassurance that everything is going to be alright. And that’s ok; I hope Ryan still needs me when he’s 30 years old, too.
- I have been cursing more on my blog lately. I think it’s because I can no longer really curse in real life. Toddler Dude picks up every damn*** thing these days. Everyone needs an outlet, and most of my friends are not interested in receiving curse-filled text messages everyday. I say most, because I know a couple of them wouldn’t mind. (Tay and Lesley, I’m looking at you.)
*However, a glass of wine will do in a pinch. (“Pinch” being defined as “I already drank all the beer.”)
**Does anyone have any idea what that guy’s name is?