The feelings I have for you are so very conflicted. You were hard and stressful and exciting and wonderful.
You were bittersweet.
The end of a year is always time for reflection. So let’s get our reflect on, eh?
Top 13 Moments from 2013
13. The time I took myself on a date in Arizona. I gave myself a day to shop and enjoy a warm AZ day in March. I bought a turquoise bracelet that I wear all.the.time and a cactus yard ornament that is now prominently displayed in our backyard.
11. Saying goodbye to Arizona. Bitter-bitter-bittersweet.
9. The time my brother drove through Bethlehem and met me for lunch. It was the first I saw someone from my family after we moved.
8. Mike landing a job.
7. Experiencing so many “big boy” milestones. Sleeping in a twin bed, potty training, and starting preschool.
6. Visiting my family in Ohio three times this year instead of just once. None of my nieces need to be reminded who we are when we arrive. When we hug them goodbye after a trip, they say “Ok, we’ll see you next time you have vacation days!“
5. Closing on our new home.
4. Reuniting with old friends.
3. Family vaca at Ocean City, MD.
2. Throwing a huge dinosaur-themed third birthday party for Ryan.
1. Our first holiday season on the East Coast, which kicked off when Ryan dressed up like a devil, er, dragon for Halloween.
May the new year bring us challenges to help us grow, lessons to help us learn and joyful moments to remind us what life is all about.
Happy New Year!
It’s fun to relive the past! Here are some wrap-up posts from years past: